Monday, February 24, 2014

Who, What, Why : Can foods have negative calories? by Hana

The article name of “Who, What, Why: Can foods have negative calories?” by Kate Dailey. Writer said that negative calorie foods actually do not exist. Some people who go on a diet look forward to eating lower food. The negative calorie food is included nutrition and uses more calories when our body is working. Expert who is a chair of the department of nutrition sciences at the University insists that the negative-calorie food not exist although that is possible in theoretically. Writer use specific reasons and examples to support writer’s opinion. First, many people think that a celery is negative calorie food because this has low-calorie, powerful water density and fiber content. Although this just consume 10 calories per each, our body only intake one-fifth that much. Also, other fruits and vegetables do not aid to lose weight. Other things are supposed to work in a different method by making the body work harder. Second, cold water does not have any research about helping to burn more calories. Finally, a research says that some drinks which include caffeine, guanine and green tea can increase about the body work more hard. Unfortunately, in the research with only 20 participants, so it is not exact. The negative-calorie food is not existed anywhere. Sadly, the only way of losing weight is eating fewer calories. I am interested in this article. I am going on a diet to look slim and pretty because I will take a picture for publishing a school year book. I am a little bit on the plump side in the South Korea. I always say “What should I do to lose weight?” Recently, I usually eat salads, eggs and fruits for breakfast. I am trying to eat lower calories. However, I did not know several information from this article. If I did not read this article, I would still drinking cold water after exercising. When I was really wanted to eat drinks, I ate diet drinks. But I know that it is not help to lose weight. If negative-calorie food is really exists, everyone do not lead to obesity. My friend who is interested in development new medicine wants to make medicine which is included all about essential nutrition at an each day. I do not agree with her because there is no funny to chew something or eat something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment