Sunday, February 2, 2014

Philip Seymour Hoffman's death - Tony

     Today I read the news and found that Philip Seymour Hoffman has died. Philip Seymour Hoffman was born July 23, 1967 and died Feburary 2, 2014. He was found dead in his New York apartment. His death is being investigated as a possible drug overdose, and autopsy is being performed by The New York City medical examiner's office, after receiving a 911 call on Sunday, the police found Mr. Hoffman unconscious and not responding to them. He was found with a needle in his arm and there was several bags of heroin.

     He was a stage and screen actor, and Oscar-winning portrayal of writer Truman Capote in "Capote". When he was interviewed in 2006 by CBS's "60 minutes" he was asked whether he abused drugs or alcohol, he replied "Yes, all that stuff,anything I could get my hands on. I liked it all."

    I have seen his movies, and I think he was an actor with a lot of talent. I don't understand why any great actors would do drugs and take their life. Why did Philip Seymour Hoffman take his life? Weren't his accomplisments enough to make him happy? Where were his family and friends? Why did he turn to drugs? People everywhere keep asking themselves the same question. When does one have enough money, when are ones accomplishment enough? Why do people end up taking their life, where they have so much. What more could he have done to be happy? How could anyone have helped him? , so he wouldn't have ended his life. Philip Seymour Hoffman will be missed by his family and friends through out the world.

    In my opinion, he has a family, acting career , money and yet he turned to drugs. He should have gotten help before was too late. If I were him, I wouldn't never have taken my life. I would have been happy with my wife and children, my acting career and the money I needed it, and wouldn't have taken drugs.
 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment