Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Hero - Karen

by: Karen M.

My hero is actually two people, my parents. I have chosen them because they are the most important people in my life. I know that if I need something, they will do everything to make it happen.

This could be a cliche but my parents are the best parents in the world. My father has grown up in the same city as my mother, and they  met each other in karate classes. He  worked hard to give education to me and my brothers, and meanwhile my mother would take care of the house duties and us.

They always taught me good things, such as how to be a kind person, treat others well and never stop studying. I was born in Brazil, but everyone thinks I am Japanese because my grandparents were born in Japan. My education was mixed up with Brazilian and Japanese culture.

I guess parents are heroes for most of the children, but we cannot forget that they are human too. Sometimes they might fail or could not do something, and we can not blame them for that, or even think they are bad. We idealize the idea of heroes and sometimes expect more from them than what they can do. As you grow up, you can understand this.

I am only here because of my parents help and money, the government in Brazil does not invest in education in my country. I appreciate everything that they gave to me, especially values and dignity. Someday I want represent a hero to my children and teach them all the lessons I have learned with my parents. Because of everything my special heroes have done for me, I devote my writing to them.

You only know how big is the importance of your parents when you are abroad or without them. I wish my super heroes were with me right now but I know that they sent me to study, because they love me want the best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment